Sorry I have not posted this week- this week I have moved out of one flat and into another so I have been non stop with lots of things to do!! I am also starting a new job on Monday so everything seems to be happening at once! I will probably do another post on my new flat just because I am doing lots of work in it. 

Anyway I have come to realize that it really is the small things, the micro pleasures, in life that make us smile while we go our day to day routines.
In order to generally look on the brighter side of life I have decided to add a new something to my 101 list which is to find 101 micro pleasures in my life! I have taken inspiration for this from 2 sources. The first is a book that I got as a present a couple of years ago called "How to be a goddess" by Gisele Scanlon. It is more focused to a girly audience as there is a lot of talk of fashion, shopping and traveling but it does make you cheer up while reading it! The second is from the 1000 awesome things blog, link, which although I started reading a couple of years ago, I was recently reminded of it and started reading again.

So, here are my first couple of micro pleasures;


#1 That moment when you step out of the airport and the heat instantly hits you!

Obviously this only applies to when you are going somewhere that is warmer than where you live, but since i am from Scotland this is not that difficult =P Feeling that heat warming you up cheers me up no matter how long i have been traveling!



#2 Waking up the next morning with no hangover!

We have all been there- after a night out waking up and spending the next day not doing much apart from trying to keep the room from spinning too much! That's why it is the best when you wake up, expecting to feel like death and feeling normal and able to go about your day to day things! It feels like you have just scored an extra proper day!