So this cake was veryveryvery rushed as I decided that I would make it the night and morning before moving all of the stuff back to my parents house- obviously packing boxes wasn't stressful enough =P

I made it as a belated birthday cake for my mum and an early birthday cake for my dad, since I am still going to be away for his birthday. I got the Wallace and Gromit cake book by Debbie Brown ages ago but hadn't attempted to make a cake from it before now. I chose to a scene from 'The Wrong Trousers" where Wallace and Gromit were on the train with the Feathers McGraw, the penguin. Now this would have been all good however I realised that I am not so good with making things with fondant and instead of making Wallace I made what can only be resembled as a troll or ogre instead....not the best moment in my cake making!
The 'train track' is fondant on a very fast cake board made out of cut out cardboard.

Anyway, aside from the rushed and not so good attempt with fondant here is the end result:


Watch out, its the attack of the ogres!



The positive thing about this cake is that it is the chocolate cake recipe that I absolutely love and so at least I knew that it actually tasted good! I think that it may be one of my go to recipes from now on, you know, the one where you can easily just eat the uncooked cake batter. Terrible- yes, but oh so yummy!