Yes that's right- healthy! Not something that you often see on my blog =D

But I wanted to make something for my best friend boyfriend's birthday and since he is a vegan I wanted to make him something sweet! This recipe was stolen from OhSheGlows and I have pretty much used a lot of her recipes-highly recommend them! So these are her Fake Rolos!


Basically 4 ingredients: 200g Dates,  1/2 tbsp peanut butter, 4oz dark chocolate (make sure it is suitable for vegans) and a touch of oil. (I used sunflower oil)

They taste much better than they look!




For the date I softened mines- The first time I tried it, I thought they were soft enough and they were a huge pain to blitz with a hand blitzer! So leave them to soak in a bowl of water and then drain them after a few hours and they are softer. Add the peanut butter to the dates and blitz them until they are smooth. I used a hand processor for this but I would definitely have preferred to use a food processor!

Before rolling them, freeze them for a couple of hours and once you have rolled them into the size and shapes that you want freeze them again. Melt the chocolate and add some oil just to thin it out and make it easier to dip the dates into. I put a ball onto a teaspoon, dipped it in the chocolate, let it drain off a little and popped it only a non stick rolling mat, although onto a piece of greaseproof paper would work too. I usually keep them in the fridge but I think now keeping them in the freezer would be much yummier!




Here is a pic of the finished 'rolos', photo courtesy of Jasmine =D